National Accounts Manager
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking two National Accounts Managers to join our team. This position would be based in St. Louis, Dallas, Pittsburgh or remote.
Responsible for the attainment of Division and Corporate goals of growth and profitability through planning, developing and directing the Eaton B-Line sales and marketing efforts for key national accounts in the Electrical and Mechanical markets.
Maintain the Corporate relationships with key national partners and Buying Groups in the Electrical and Mechanical channel
Develops strong relationships with all key contacts across those organizations
Develops and implements national accounts sales and marketing strategies to increase sales to meet division and Corporate goals of growth and profitability.
Identifies target territories for growth that represent the most significant opportunities for B-Line to maximize sales results. Engages the local B-Line sales team and agents to validate and execute those growth opportunities.
Lead planning sessions at the regional level as appropriate to identify local growth strategies
Work with national account Corporate teams to ensure all relevant new products are promoted proactively within the national account organizations. This will include sales and marketing promotions where appropriate.
Provide input as appropriate to enable division management to establish realistic goals for national accounts; accomplished through monitoring national account business, product trends and competitive conditions.
Analyzes sales levels and trends through market research and feedback from Regional Sales Managers and initiates proactive and/or corrective action plans as necessary the assure the attainment of sales objectives.
Works closely with regional sales managers and manufacturing representatives to ensure that a viable working relationship is maintained and sales meet target expectations
Ensure that regional sales personnel adhere to negotiated national agreements.
Must work effectively through distribution channels to ensure commitments
Must work across functional areas to drive NPD requirements, service and delivery expectations.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent understanding of channels and vertical marketing
- Strong technical understanding of product features and capabilities within B-Line markets
- Experience with Key Account Sales, National Account Users and Electrical Distribution
- Extensive sales/national accounts experience in the electrical industry
- Ability to use systems, financial understanding, sales data and analytical tools to drive customer behavior
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales volume commitments
- Ability to build a team to drive cross functional requirements related to customer service, pricing, marketing, operations, supply chain and product innovation
- Strong presentation skills including oral and use of media (PPT and others)
- Ability to develop and foster win-win relationships
- Experience in channel management (Agents, Distribution, Key Specifiers, Designers)
- Vertical Marketing experience (differentiate segments, value propositions, product positioning)
- Understanding of market and go to market strategies
- Negotiation, selling, creativity and persuasion skills
- Strong administrative leadership and sales force effectiveness capabilities (effective use of T&E budget, promotions, metrics etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity to build a talented winning team (selection, development and retention)
- Minimum 7 years commercial experience
- Bachelors’ degree, MBA a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time