Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development procurement of new and robust processes for the production facility. This position will also lead work on capital equipment acquisition and implementation. Leadership and guidance is also expected for other engineers and technicians throughout the plant.
In this role, you will:
Define and develop project proposals, including financials, for new manufacturing processes. This includes the CAR (Capital Appropriation Request) and MSD (Manufacturing System Design).
Equipment acquisition and implementation.
Create detailed specifications for new equipment for the purpose of quoting with external machine builders.
Lead and manage complex machine and process projects from concept through implementation.
Utilize corporate guidelines for project implementation.
Conduct regular meetings with the technical staff and key plant management to review the status of individual projects.
Lead PFMEA development for new equipment or new process development.
Lead variation reduction projects as assigned. Demonstrated ability utilizing statistical problem solving techniques is required.
Lead product and/or process transfers as required.
Support lean manufacturing practices during process procurement and throughout the plant.
Act as mentor for other engineers.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Engineering.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (oral, written).
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Demonstrates ownership of and ability to manage project assignments with a broad scope and high level of complex and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tooling, gauging and fixtures design (CAD), development and implementation
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering Degree.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification.
Ability to program PLC’s and HMI’s.
Ability to program in Visual Basic and/or LabView for machine controls.
Position Success Criteria :
Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
History of progressive responsibility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time