Technical Sales Specialist - Project Management
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking Technical Sales Specialist – Project Management to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The Technical Sales Specialist – Project Management is responsible for supporting customers, distributors and sales representative organizations by managing all complex engineered project orders submitted for the ReactoGuard product lines from quotation through delivery. In this role, you will provide technical and commercial sales project assistance supporting the external sales group and channel representatives and maintain product line responsibility and control for a specific product line.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide timely, effective and economical filter application recommendations and operational advice to customers and market channel partners to assist in meeting group sales goals and in assuring filter performance viability
- You will review commercial and technical requirements of proposals, advising customer of conflicts and makes recommendations for changes. Elevates outstanding conflicts with potential order loss to management for review and further definition
- You will coordinate international logistics for complex project deliveries including import/export documentation and communicate all information to customer and internal support teams
- You will coordinate departmental meetings with Engineering and Manufacturing to provide insight into priorities and prepares reports for all departments showing the current status of each project job while elevating any potential issues to immediate supervisor
- You will develop and coordinate professional proposal packages for systems sales to enable fast, accurate and comprehensive response to customer inquiries
- You will work closely with Engineering on product modifications and becoming familiar with Pro-Launch as a means to bringing new ideas and products to market
- You will perform all standard customer service responsibilities such as order maintenance, expediting, credits/RMA’s, proof of delivery, and setting prices for inclusion in the annual price book
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical product management, technical sales, and/or customer support
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. The candidate for the position must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Galesburg, MI.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience working with filtration, industrial machinery, or hydraulic systems (i.e. fluid conveyance)
- Experience generating quotations and working with pricing/negotiations
- Experience with working with and reviewing drawings and engineering specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
- Prior technical/commercial experience, including, but not limited math and/or science, personal computers/software, basic understanding of technical terms, mechanical/chemical processes, and/or commercial capabilities to cost custom engineered systems accurately and effectively so margins are understood during the sales process.
Ability to continuously look for improvements in processes and procedures that will ultimately improve the quotation turn-around time and improve the quality of the quotation, with the ultimate goal of improving hit rate and generating more business.
Ability to provide leadership to the engineering team to support the market development and sales teams sustain current and pursue new customers.
Ability to prepare quarterly reports on product line performance, including but not limited to average price/margin per product, historical performance results, trends in the market place, new product suggestions and strategic placement of product.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical sales information, specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental or legal regulations.
Ability to write quotations and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, business associates, customers, and the public.
Ability to demonstrate basic problem solving based upon precedent.
Ability to manage and provide output, in a timely manner, to manage multiple tasks of a technical sales orientation.
Ability to understand commercial costing, pricing and field sales of custom designed systems.
Ability to travel time is up to 25%. – domestic only
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time