Senior Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior IT Project Manager to join our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based at any Eaton facility in the US. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work from a remote Eaton facility or an approved home office.
The Senior IT Project Manager is a senior member on the IT infrastructure services program office team for project and program management. This individual will be assigned multiple projects to manage. Typical projects include those with multiple sites, span one or two geographic regions, are more than $100K in expense labor and up to $2 million dollars in total capital, and span from 9-18 months. The Senior IT Project Manager will support the development and implementation of program management methods, tools and processes; specifically related to the infrastructure components of a program while driving continuous process improvements related to the application of the Eaton Business System.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met.
- You will work with Resource Managers to staff projects.
- You will define and communicate roles for project team members (functional-technical).
- You will establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates.
- You will work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path.
- You will ensure that requirements are contained within defined scope.
- You will perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
- You will manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
- You will develop communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders.
- You will document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
- You will work in a highly matrix organization spanning domestic and international locations.
- You will perform vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
- You will be involved in complex process and organizational change management.
When we embrace the different ideas,
perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals
and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years’ Project Management experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Level of Risk & Ambiguity
Scope can be moderate to significantly ambiguous (significant capability or breakthrough technology and/or business processes that the operating group or function have not done before).
May manage multiple Major Repeaters
May be an Alien/Stranger
May require significant investment capital/expense and non-labor expense.
May have enterprise-wide or overall Sector impact
- Level of Analysis & Business Acumen
Advanced understanding of the overall business or function funding the initiative(s)
May be a SME in one or more areas
Advanced understanding of organizational structure (business and IT)
Intermediate understanding of the business Strat Plan
Intermediate to an Advanced understanding of some of the business processes at Eaton or a prior Company
Strong ability to build teams to support complex projects.
Can interact with all levels of the organization inside and outside of Corporate IT.
Ability to influence parts of the organization without a direct reporting relationship.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Skilled at delegating tasks as needed to manage multiple projects.
Strong knowledge of technology
Strong technical knowledge in infrastructure services, including fundamental IT infrastructure components and relationships between disciplines.
A solid understanding of how consolidation impact to the data center infrastructure (power, cooling, floor space), systems, networks, storage, databases and applications.
- Level of Systems and IT Knowledge
Intermediate to Advanced understanding of some of Eaton key application(s.)
May be a SME in one or more technologies
Intermediate to Advanced understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
Is able to understand the integration and interdepencies between projects
Basic to Intermediate technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security
- Master’s degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time