Production Supervisor - Second Shift
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor – Split Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, Mississippi facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading cross-functional production teams to safely produce and ship production products, at minimum cost, in accordance with engineering design specifications, quality standards, customer service goals, and profitability. In this role, you will ensure that production demands are met in the department and that operations personnel and coordinators understand their roles in the upkeep of order fulfillment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs.
- You will maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
- You will communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- You will ensure hourly workforce meets production, quality, customer service, and attendance standards.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- You will create written reports and documentation or uses PC's/CRT to retrieve and input various data including but not limited to, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics, production information and schedules, attendance, payroll, inventory transactions, scrap reporting etc.
- You will assist in determining staffing levels to meet production schedules within area of responsibility.
- You will mediate employees' differences and resolves employees' grievances at the appropriate level.
- You will coordinate all activities with lead supervisor and department manager.
- You will assign work load and balances pace, pull conveyor or work cells.
- You will promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC) enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy checks, and addressing unsafe conditions.
- You will understand and meet all department safety goals.
- You will ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- You will champion Continuous Improvement efforts throughout the facility and lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously
- administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three years of experience supporting Manufacturing, Operations or Technical processes.
- Minimum two year of leadership experience managing people or project teams.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Preferred Qualifications
- SAP knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Three years of leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time