Embedded Software Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Franksville, WI facility.
The Embedded Software Engineering Manager is responsible for working closely with other functional engineering managers and teams, the project management office, and product managers to successfully execute and deliver the projects, programs and objectives of the organization. In this role, you will provide the necessary leadership to achieve functional excellence, encourage collaboration, develop employees, and drive accountability.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coach and lead a team of 10-15 embedded software engineers from the U.S. and India that are responsible for new product development in the area of real-time embedded systems used in the Electrical Power Distribution industry.
- You will collaborate effectively with external and internal customers, such as Marketing, Service, Operations and other engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle
- You will actively encourage innovation and ensure the team is pursuing modern techniques and technologies
- You will promote professional growth through performance feedback, coaching and mentoring
- You will encourage an environment that promotes effective working relationships within the team and with other functional groups globally
- You will work with leaders from across the business to promote sharing of best practices, to leverage technology where applicable, and to seek opportunities for collaboration
- You will lead process improvement initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of the department
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s strategic initiatives, goals and values
- You will recruit and hire permanent and contract (both offshore and onsite) resources to enhance staffing plans and to maintain a healthy pipeline of talent
- You will manager department budgets and expenses
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience leading engineering teams either as a technical lead or a functional manager
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on real-time embedded systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- C++ development experience
- Experience working with Linux based embedded systems is a plus
- Knowledge of power distribution system devices, such as relays, controls and sensors is a plus
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong understanding of automated testing and tools
- Strong understanding of software requirements development and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to identify, communicate and mitigate technical risks and issues
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time