Electronic and Instrumentation Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Division in Nacogdoches is looking for a full-time Electronics & Instrumentation Technician to work 1st shift.
The E&I Technician will be responsible for testing, repairing, troubleshooting, and programming of electronic, electrical, and mechanical plant equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will test, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems of manufacturing machinery.
- You will work with electronics, computers, PLC’s, VFD’s relays, starters, motors, instrumentation, and any other electrical systems and equipment.
- You will read, interpret, and create schematics for troubleshooting, wiring, and building electrical panels and systems.
- You will use manuals and online resources to understand, setup, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- You will use and understand readings of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, meggers, instrument calibrators, signal generators, and power supplies on or for testing electrical equipment.
- You will use tools to build electrical panels and repair electrical equipment including running conduit, connecting motors, soldering, crimping, and connectors.
- You will program and work with computer operating systems and computer hardware.
- You will adhere to general safety and electrical safety policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following are required:
- Possess a Certificate, License or Degree in Maintenance, Electronics, or a similar discipline
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in industrial or electrical maintenance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
- 5 or more years of experience as an electrician, electronic technician or maintenance mechanic
- Experience and skill programming PLCs, computers, ad other electrical controls.
- Associates Degree or completed apprenticeship program in Electronics
- Strong experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Perform work requiring good visual acuity; Wear PPE.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job
- Requires the use of advanced shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, all varieties of adjustable measuring instruments and the use of broad training in a recognized trade or craft.
- Requires the use of considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available, and the making of broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity with very close visual attention for sustained periods.
- Perform work requiring a strength rating of medium.
- Willing and able to change work hours and work shifts as circumstances warrant.
- Familiarity with pumps, conveyors and pneumatic systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No