Supply Chain Development Program
Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a candidate to join our Supply Chain Development Program.
This position is based at our Divisional Headquarters in Highland, IL.
The objective of the program is to develop incumbents through practical and hands on experiences in functions like logistics, customer support, and production planning, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership competencies through training, networking, and coaching. Each 12-18 month assignment will help participants develop a wide range of leadership and functional competencies within the respective fields. Upon completion of the program, employees will be ready to embark in career opportunities in supply chain, logistics, customer support, marketing, and other functions within the business. All rotations will be geographically based in Highland and/or Troy, Illinois, but may interact with other Eaton B-Line facilities both domestically and internationally.
Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Technical Development Program!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will arrange transportation for all modes of Transportation
- You will respond to customer inquiries
- You will analyze freight spend on a monthly basis
- You will trade Compliance knowledge. Learning Inco-Terms 2010, creating customs documents, and working with our offshore facilities and product group to ensure accurate reporting to customs
- You will communicate between Customer Service and the factory to choose the best course of option on customers’ orders
- You will track and analyze miss-shipments, along with recovering them
- You will analyze freight claims
- You will respond to Quality Notifications that have to deal with Transportation
- You will work with Supply Chain Management and Customer Service on projects related to supplier/ transportation relationship
- You will respond to customer 360 (tracking POD’s , customer complaints, and finding freight)
- You will track service failures of truckers; Miss-delivery, didn’t show up, missed his loading time
- You will communicate with the factories on ETA’s and companies selected who are going to haul it
- You will maintain share point with updated load sheets
- You will find the best economical ideas to support Eaton and the customer in regards to Freight Cost and Transit times
- You will communicate directly with customers and outside sales representatives via phone and email to represent the company and obtain orders
- You will advise customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters
- You will work cross functionally to quote lead times, ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicates delayed shipments to customers
- You will develop skills within SAP
- You will process orders and provide technical support
- You will spend time developing a working understanding of Buying and Outside Processing roles
- You will gain a detailed understanding of the Production Planning role
- You will gain an understanding with Demand & Supply; Plan for Every Part (PFEP), Marketing MG3 Codes, Forecast methodology/SIOP/Safety Stock/Reorder Point/Kanban; Impact order Logic; Green Stream/High Volume Part Satisfaction
- You will gain a familiarization of MRP: Bills of Material; Routings; MRP methodology
- Scheduling: Capacity Planning; Die/Raw Material Rotation Planning; Primary/Secondary Planning; Strategy of Vertical Value Stream Planning; Work Center Dispatch Schedule Management; COGI Resolution; MRB Disposition Planning
- You will deal with cost Accounting/Inventory Management: Inventory Adjustments; Shop Order Variance; DOH Inventory Planning
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in business, marketing, communications, supply chain, or related field, from an accredited institution with a graduation date of (Month/Year).
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered)
- Legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Highland, IL will be considered.
- 1-3 years working for a product manufacturer; or prior internship in the manufacturing industry
- Industry experience in electrical, mechanical, fire protection, or communications & data building products
- Knowledge of SAP and Business Explorer
Position Success Criteria:
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of state and federal laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
- Interpersonal communication skills: Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility within and throughout all levels of the organization; provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Strong analytical ability and experience incorporating data/metrics in decision making.
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Eaton’s values and philosophies.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time