- You will rotate through each lean cell function and rotation through other lean cells.
- You will perform visual and physical inspection of parts using functional measuring equipment.
- You will apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) know how to detect an out-of-control condition as well as other problem solving methodologies to ensure quality of product.
- You will interpret and work from complex drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- You will set up and operate various types of machines and finishing equipment (lathes, mills, drills; CNC & Manual, grinders, CNC grinders, laps, hones) without assistance and maintain proper tolerances.
- You will be responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- You will perform sub-assembly operations such as, installation of pins, plugs, inserts, bearings, miscellaneous components, etc.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following is also required:
- Currently possesses a Machining certificate or currently pursuing a Machining certificate with an expected graduation date of May 2019
- Associate’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in machining, metalworking, or other mechanical discipline
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Jackson, MS will be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to read and understand G & M code
- Prior work experience using hone, lap, and grind equipment
- Five years of precision machining experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Ability to read precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, depth gauges and other applicable equipment
- Experience operating equipment such as mills, lathes, surface grinders, ID Grinders, and/or OD Grinders
- Knowledge of inspection procedures
- Ability to setup and operate numerically controlled machines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and applicable specifications
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop math
- Concern for job safety
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico