Eaton’s Electrical Distribution and Controls Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Plan, develop, and manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; develop appropriate product supply sources and review and negotiate purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications and overall company production objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality, delivery and lowest cost in accordance with Divisional, Operational and Corporate policies and objectives.
- You will develop, coordinate, and manage on-going supplier relationships with key suppliers.
- You will locate and select new and alternate sources of supply to meet the production requirements of the plant.
- You will maintain continuing knowledge and an understanding of the company’s outside supplier product demands and production scheduling techniques to support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines.
- You will analyze and evaluate procurement policies and stocking strategies.
- You will prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc.
- You will award and administer purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- You will plan, coordinate, and conduct quality audits on new and existing vendors to review and document the characteristics of products materials for current and future contracts.
- You will maintain and monitor computer and manual computer files related to procurement activities and the effective management of goods and services within the company.
- You will prepare data and reports as required pertaining to on-time delivery, supplier performance, usage/spend, and shortages.
- You will recommend continuous improvement in cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- You will support engineering, production, accounting, sales and quality with any projects or problems.
- You will review delivery requirements and expedites when necessary.
- You will analyze material requirements and inventory in order to maintain on-time delivery and targeted inventory levels.
- You will analyze key inventory control measures to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- You will resolve problems situations related to selection of source, price, deliveries, specifications, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in purchasing and/or supply chain.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
Position Success Criteria:
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of state and federal laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
- Interpersonal communication skills: Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility within and throughout all levels of the organization; provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Strong analytical ability and experience incorporating data/metrics in decision making.
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Eaton’s values and philosophies.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time