Continuous Improvement Technician - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Technician on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Eastanollee, GA facility.
The continuous improvement technician will conduct continuous improvement activities to eliminate waste through implementation of Eaton Lean and CIF tools. Participate in High Performance Work Team efforts including 8D and A3 corrective action teams, VSM activities, PDFMEA teams, PROlaunch activities, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in documenting manufacturing processes and modification of Standard work and support the development of EHS processes and procedures.
- You will conduct layered process audits and work on projects as assigned. You will perform BOM/router audits.
- You will assist in training employees to perform their job functions.
- You will assist in the creation of sub-assembly prints/sketches and visual controls to aid the manufacturing process position criteria.
- You will use basic lean tools.
- You will need the ability and desire to learn and apply lean systems and tools.
- You will need the ability to read Engineering prints and interpret and carry out a variety of instructions in written, oral Diagram, or schedule format.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates the reside within 50 miles of the Eastanollee, GA facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and Decimals; compute percentages, area, circumference, and volume; draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Competent use of the following tools: micrometer, calipers, height gages, indicators, ruler, hand tools, and power tools
- Capability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists through communication and team work.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No