Eaton's Lighting Division is seeking a Tool and Die Maker to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
The Tool and Die Maker is responsible for planning, layouts, developing, building, repairing and modifying tools, jigs, dies and gauges including progressive, deep draw, press brake form, pierce, blank, trim, compound and lamination dies. Troubleshoot dies and tools as required, working in timely manner and maintaining efficient toll room operation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain a clean and orderly work area
- You will operate all equipment including, but not limited to, lathes, grinders, milling machines, saws
- You will build and repair dies, tooling, jigs, fixtures and other machined components
- You will perform changeover of dies
- You will observe safety rules and regulations at all times
- You will understand tooling dimensioning and tolerances
- You will have knowledge of materials for tooling/Jigs
- You will be able to layout tooling progression for a part
- You will maintain tooling database
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience and/or training as machinist and/or tool making
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Vicksburg MS will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No