Senior Cost Accounting Analyst
The Eaton Lighting Business has an opening for a Senior Cost Analyst position located in Vicksburg, MS.
This position, reporting to the Plant Controller, is responsible for performing all cost accounting functions, including variance and product costing analysis, standard cost setting and account reconciliations. In addition, the Cost Analyst is responsible for month end closing requirements and preparing and presenting monthly performance reports. This is a key role ensuring compliance to financial policies and procedures are adhered to for inventory accuracy. The position requires interaction with functions outside of Accounting such as Engineering, Operations and Purchasing, providing an excellent learning opportunity of the plant business functions and visibility to the leadership team. The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytically skilled in driving process improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will analyze operational data and investigate variances to identify and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- You will perform month end closing responsibilities unique to the cost accounting function. Prepare and review necessary journal entries and create comment for financial review.
- You will prepare and be responsible for monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts, especially as it relates to inventory.
- You will maintain and aid operations team on cost savings development and tracking to ensure profit center goals are being met.
- You will analyze and review for accuracy, purchased item costing for quarterly current cost runs and year-end standards cost runs.
- You will support plant management team with ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting.
- You will research and interpret unusual expenses and other data.
- You will assist in the preparation and justification of Capital Asset Requests (CAR’s).
- You will maintain inventory control procedures.
- You will assist in the coordination and taking of the annual plant wide physical inventory.
- You will support other special projects and duties as assigned by Plant Controller.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum two (2) years of related finance or accounting work experience
- Minimum one (1) year of SAP experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Manufacturing experience
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with both senior leadership and non-financial professionals.
- Proven commitment to meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong written, verbal and computer business communication skills required.
- Team oriented problem-solving skills and corrective action methodology.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of employees in a multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico