Lead Warehouse Worker - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Lead Warehouse Worker to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
The Team Lead is a leadership role within the department and is responsible for releasing and tracking of orders through the warehouse management system (WMS) and SAP to complete daily customer requirements, making sure resources are assigned to all required work queues, while insuring availability of equipment and supplies necessary to pick and pack.
This role is a good opportunity for a driven person to develop and hone leadership and technical warehousing skills. The successful Lead will show leadership abilities in a team environment, such as self-initiative, good communication skills both written and oral, and strong interpersonal skills. This role will interface with multiple levels of people within Distribution, so there is opportunity to gain exposure to different aspects of the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the Distribution Center (DC) through metric calculations, reassigning team members to work queues, supporting the DC coordinator and supervisor, performing routine warehouse management system transactions, and maintaining department specific logs.
- You will work with the DC Coordinator to make sure equipment is available and in good working order for the DC team. Contact maintenance for services on equipment failure. Contact IT for printer maintenance, RF battery needs, etc.
- You will help facilitate training for all 2nd shift picking associates and will make sure all positions have trained associates to backfill when the normal operator is unable or unavailable.
- You will work with vendors and the purchasing representative to order and/or monitor supplies (labeling, cardboard, skids, packing, etc.)
- You will perform other duties as assigned to facilitate work needs including walk pick, correcting invalid containers and staging supplies. May be required to serve as back up for the DC Coordinator when one is absent.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Roanoke, VA will be considered
- 2 years of warehouse experience, including warehouse management system experience
- One year of previous leadership experience and proven ability to lead by example
- Previous SAP experience.
- Experience with radio frequency (RF) units
- Strong communication skills, orally and written
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other tools
- Ability to lift 40lbs regularly
- Desire and ability to work in a participative style to meet goals and objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No