Value Stream Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Value Stream Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Eastanollee, GA facility.
The Value Stream Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer quality and delivery expectations. You will monitor and manage hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. In this position you will drive continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF). You will be responsible for directing all “A Work” (Tactical Hour by Hour, Day by Day, Week by Week, and Month By Month follow up at Tier 1-4 Meetings) to make sure that all Stakeholder expectations are being met as well as the “B Work” (Continuous Improvement Work identified in Value Stream Maps and the Tier 1-4 Meetings).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs).
- You will drive continuous improvement and application using EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTs.
- You will deliver implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste within key production and business processes.
- You will fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System.
- You will develop and execute plans to improve leading and lagging indicator performance including: TRCR, CONC, On-Time
- You will deliver DOH, First Pass Yield and DPPM, and Gross Utilization.
- You will champion implementation of MESH concepts to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- You will train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members.
- You will provide the vision and strategy for sustainable improvement of assigned department in support of plant goals.
- You will lead by example – be a positive role model as a member of the extended plant leadership team
- You will actively engage and recognize employees
- You will enable success of employees (providing resources and removing barriers)
- You will empower employees – drive decision making throughout all levels of the organization
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the following Eaton locations: Eastanollee, GA.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time