Industrial/OEM Sales Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking an Industrial/OEM Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga facility.
The Industrial/OEM Sales Manager is responsible for managing and directing an Industrial/OEM focused sales team in Ontario reporting to the District Manager. In this role, you will also manage the EESS salesforce in southern Ontario. This role will also include the functional management of industrial and OEM focused sales reps in the other regions of the District outside of Southern Ontario. This role will be tasked with creating and driving an Industrial and OEM sales strategy for the Ontario district. The Industrial/OEM Sales Manager will also be managing local channel relationship as it pertains to industrial sales.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for the assigned territory.
- You will steer MOEM/component-based initiatives across the Ontario sales district.
- You will understand various market segment needs to assist OEM sales personnel in developing value propositions.
- You will provide leadership and development to a sales team and the distributor channel.
- At identified key accounts, you must understand major competitors’ tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes.
- You will work as a part of the Ontario leadership team to drive best practices, processes and systems which improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- You will recruit, hire, train, develop, assign and continuously improve organizational capabilities in the region sales team to capitalize on the customer base.
- You will facilitate and assess training/development needs of sales team and implement plans annually to assure continuous growth.
- You will drive a customer focused culture.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited University or Technologist Diploma from an accredited College
- Minimum 5 years of sales/channel development experience within the electrical industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing people, direct or indirect
- Must possess and maintain a valid & unrestricted driver’s license
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 80 km of the Eaton Mississauga location.
- Certified Technologist or Professional Engineer
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development.
- Strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels.
- Significant sales presence such as that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations,
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve sensitive and complex issues.
- Advanced knowledge of power distribution, HMI, power monitoring software programs, control products and power systems engineering.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time