HR Generalist - Plant
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group, Power Systems Division (PSD) has an opening for a Human Resource Generalist. This position is located in Nacogdoches, Texas.
Supporting the site HR Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will provide HR support to a 250+ person manufacturing plant consisting of salaried and hourly employees across various organizational functions.
- You will provide counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
- You will oversee FMLA, Disability and Worker’s Compensation benefits in order to maintain fair and consistent application across the plant. Works to resolve issues that may arise for own customer group.
- You will coordinate various wellness and intra-plant events in order to increase employee involvement and engagement.
- You will assist in planning, developing and administering a site-wide robust Training program.
- You will build relationships with client groups that work to enhance overall communications throughout the organization.
- You will manage the annual community involvement plan to include the United Way campaign activities. Engage, guide and direct all employee involvement in community events.
- You will partner with management to ensure positive employee relations
- You will coach managers on effective handling of retention, performance management, and engagement strategies.
- You will conduct general or specific training sessions where needed based upon detailed needs analysis activities.
- You will provides assistance and administrative support in the areas of employment processing, HRIS data entry, and recruiting requisition processing.
- You will deploy and support all HR initiatives, programs, processes and systems as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Human Resources (can include internships or co-ops)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Business
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial & Labor Relations, or Business
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
- Excellent communication and employee relations skills
- Excellent PC skills: Microsoft Applications and Outlook
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
- Solutions-oriented thinker that employs analytics and problem solving to all situations
- Recruits & hires hourly labor pool and provides daily support for employment process.
- Support and execute the deployment of HR Special Projects as assigned by the HRM.
- Conducts, under the HRM supervision, investigations on employee relations matters.
- Collaborates with HR Services on all transactional HR matters.
- Ensure integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate data entry and frequent audits.
- Responsible for running and creating reports, analyzing information and providing data for the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain and administer the site’s payroll and time & attendance processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time