Power Electronics Lead Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Power Electronics Lead Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics platforms and systems for power conversion and distribution applications in hybrid and electric vehicles.
Your key deliverables :
• Collaborate with global, eMobility embedded product development teams, mechanical, layout, and firmware engineers, from initial conception through each of the design and development phases, up to and including certification and product launch with the support of model-based development processes, and utilization of automated testing, verification & validation tools.
• Lead power electronics engineering activities and demonstrate start-finish ownership for the assigned projects and tasks by utilizing our internal project execution processes, including design and technical reviews and presentations.
• Lead design, modelling, simulation and implementation of power electronics, including analog and digital electronics, for power conversion and distribution technologies.
• Evaluate designs to meet requirements factoring in performance, cost, size, reliability, and manufacturability.
• Support Program Manager in the development of detailed technology roadmaps, project plans and value proposition.
• Interface with Business Unit (BU) engineers and Research Labs scientists to drive strong business cases fo
• Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering discipline (or related), from an accredited university.
• 6 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development.
• Significant hands-on experience with power converter development and testing and with control strategies of electric drives for traction.
• Significant modeling, simulation and analysis experience with tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, PSIM and HIL tools (dSpace, RT-LAB, RTDS).
• Experience in Project Management.
• Fluent in oral and written English.
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time