If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Program Manager in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Responsible for Valvetrain and FEPC NPD & STP project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing to on time flawless launch management, support the new growth projects.
- Ensures the comprehensive application of project management disciplines on projects. Acts as a subject matter expert with respect to project management methodologies and tools, and application on projects.
- Demonstrate the role of Program Manager on various sized projects. Co-lead/coordinate to ensure China and regional projects achieve CAR assumption
- Make sure project aligned with organizational objectives and customer needs, preliminary scope statement includes stake holder needs and expectations
- Facilitates needs assessment and the development of recommended project control solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking projects through integration of various project management tools (PROLaunch NPD, STP, APQP etc.).
- Determines, monitors, and reviews the project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk.
- Work seamlessly with sales, product engineering, supply chain management and manufacturing cross functional team and global resources to identify action plans that meet internal & external customer expectation on new product launches. Champion cross-functional teams within the organization to implement identified actions to achieve desired financial and project results.
- Work seamlessly with Eaton Global team and Global DGC team to identify action plans that meet internal & external customer expectation on transition project and new product launches.
- Coordinate and drive the problem solving and continuous improvement to meet internal and external customer expectation and contractual commitments to the business.
- Conducts periodic project status meetings with team and customers to assess progress; prepares monthly status report on project activities and related issues
- Complies with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management Systems.
- Others assignment as appropriate
If you are:
Master’s degree in engineering, manufacturing engineering or related field of study, with a minimum of 5+ years related experience or equivalent experience.
Leadership required for handling multiple projects
Understanding of all aspects of product development including BOM setup and factory readiness.
Fluency in English. Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Strong projects management/portfolio management skills.
Proven problem-solving abilities.
Ability to coordinate the work of others to meet requirements of schedule and quality.
Preferred Project Management Institute accreditation (PMP).
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time