Continuous Improvement Engineer
Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, NV.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer (CI Specialist) is accountable for providing leadership and establishing the linkage of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and lean manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence throughout the Reno, NV facility. The CI Engineer oversees labor efficiency goals, project decks, kaizen events and continuous improvement plans. This includes providing training, coaching, and mentoring for improvement activities to support goals and objectives of the corporation. This position also manages two hourly direct reports.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will build site culture by developing awareness and expertise of lean manufacturing concepts and tools at all levels to achieve or exceed High 5 targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- You will train and coach process owners in the use of lean and statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create process management and measurement systems and develop an operational excellence mindset at the department level.
- You will lead the continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) team. Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- You will act as the on-site Eaton Lean System / Six Sigma expert, trainer and mentor. Able to lead team to complete the internal ELSS Assessment.
- You will conduct Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) assessments and identify performance gaps and deploy 5S+ and foster/expand 5S+ culture. Implement tools such as: visual factory, value stream mapping, standard work, work instructions and training best practices.
- You will support and provide guidance to the manufacturing teams to ensure all A3 actions / Kaizen bursts meet business case needs, have established plans to meet completion timelines and have identified and are monitoring progress of key metrics from the business case.
- You will deliver cost productivity improvements by managing project deck focused on cost productivity, sourcing and VA/VE.
- You will provide technical support to shop floor in the areas of equipment, layout, tools, fixtures and machines to ensure low-cost/high-quality products and develop proposals to incorporate new technology where appropriate.
- You will insure that the appropriate MESH processes are used in all lean activities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV site to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3 + years of related experience within the continuous improvement function in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma techniques, including certification in 5S, VSM & standard work.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- SAP business system experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with managing people
- 1+ years of continuous improvement or Lean
- Ability to execute organizational change
- Strong personal computing software skills, and systems abilities.
- Experience managing people
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
- Production environment is subject to unexpected swings of overtime – must be able to occasionally flex personal schedule to cover required tasks on off shifts.
- Interface with manufacturing personnel to improve existing processes, increase safety and solve any ergonomic concerns.
- Works directly with the Operations leadership to facilitate setting priorities, developing goals and designing objectives related to Six Sigma and lean.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No