Tool and Die Engineer
Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Tool and Die Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, NV.
The primary role of the Tool and Die Engineer position is the design, fabrication and repair of a variety of complex tooling components for: single hit and progressive sheet metal stamping dies, multiform press brake tools, precision gages, sophisticated dynamic fixtures and equipment automation projects utilizing 3D CAD software. Secondary roles will include designing special fixtures, templates and small machines for various tasks.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design, develop and test and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- You will be responsible for all Tooling Design / Maintenance / Modifications / Repairs and are responsible for specification, procurement and coordination of maintenance and repair of tooling.
- You will trouble shoot new & existing progressive dies & designs with current tooling employees to establish maximum production levels & minimum downtime.
- You will rebuild and redesign existing tooling to be upgraded, sometimes with little or no documentation.
- You will work from design drawings, conceptual design drawings, instructions and work orders.
- You will consult and work with tool and die makers, design and production engineers, press operators and assembly line workers as required to ensure proper part and die design criteria is met.
- You will plot drawings, create bill of materials and order materials and commercial items for die and machine projects.
- Assemble project files for shop distribution and records and become proficient in toolroom inspection equipment
- You will update and maintain tool library including catalog and documentation and check completed parts to ensure compliance to Reno Plant Quality standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in using CAD-CAM Software : ie. SolidWorks / Auto CAD.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV site to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Expert in Design of Complex Progressive Dies / Secondary Tooling / Fourslide Tools
- Progressive stamping background
- 3 years experience in set-up & troubleshooting, component fabrication and production of progressive, four slide and secondary tooling.
- Three to Five years’ experience in tool design, equipment, and fixture design.
- Approved (apprenticeship completed) journeyperson.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, define and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to effectively interface multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
- Ability to read - understand blueprints and GDT as needed for production manufacturing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time