Lead Software Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton Corporation is a Power Management engineering multinational and one of Ireland's biggest companies by turnover. Are you passionate about Big Data, Machine Learning and Internet of Things? Are you looking for a unique Software Development role where your contribution will help shaping the next generation of power management products and services that help our planet? If the answer is yes, then keep reading.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our highly successful team at the Centre for Intelligent Power in Eaton's Dublin global headquarters. You will be involved in the architecture, design, and management of edge and on-premises data and control processing systems for streaming time-series and batched data. In addition to building and maintaining these systems, you will also work to ensure that data scientists and business users across the enterprise can readily access data when and where it is needed.
Your key deliverables:
Working with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and management of secure, high-performance edge and on-premises appliances for time-series data processing and time-bounded control loop operation
Recommending, setting up, integrating and utilizing streaming data processing pipeline tools and frameworks as required for business and data science needs
Recommending and setting up appropriate performance monitoring solutions; author and implement based on the results
Demonstrating and documenting solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
Evaluating business requirements to determine potential solutions.
Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code to extract and transform data based on business and data science needs.
Working directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems.
Mentoring others in the use of your tools and techniques.
Providing work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews.
Developing and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
Exploring and recommending new tools and processes which can be leveraged across the data preparation pipeline for capabilities and efficiencies.
Integrating multiple sources of data through efficient extract, transform, & load and other workflows.
Collaborating broadly across multiple functions (data science, engineering, product management, IT, etc.) to readily make key data readily available and easily consumable.
Do you have?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or software engineering
- Previous experience in developing and designing technology solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in the software industry as a developer, with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- Some experience of preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, containerisation (e.g. using Docker), and managing these systems
- Ability to write complex queries that are accessible, secure, and perform in an optimized manner with an ability to output to different types of consumers and systems
- Solid understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Strong knowledge of Java and/or Python and/or C/C++ and associated IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, IAR Embedded Workbench, etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development practices including unit testing, code coverage, and continuous integration
- Experience building APIs to support data consumption needs of other roles
- Knowledgeable in leveraging multiple messaging & service protocols and related technologies (Kafka, ZeroMQ, AMQP, MQTT, OPC UA, RESTful queries)
- Expertise with in-place processing of streaming data
Apache ecosystem knowledge particularly Cassandra, MapReduce/Spark and related frameworks e.g. Play Framework
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms such as Azure or AWS and their associated data storage options
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Document DB, CosmosDB
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time