Senior Analyst - Release & Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Analyst – IT (AEO Release & Project Manager) #068780
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Analyst – IT (AEO Release & Project Manager) in Eaton’s Enterprise IT, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will be the project manager and release manager working in IPACOE - AEO team. The resource will be handling end to end projects planned under IPACOE, primarily projects on SDLC Platforms and Analytics platforms and serve as a single point of contact to the customers and the development team. The resource will be handling the Release Management of Analytics tools. It includes from defining of release calendar, planning and executing the release and deploying to production and supporting release warranty. The role requires interactions with multiple stakeholders and different teams.
Your essential responsibilities:
Supports the development and implementation of project management methods, tools and processes. Drives continuous process improvements related to the application of the Eaton Business System. Works directly with the business team, BRMs through liaison relationships to ensure all team members have an understanding of the ProLaunch methodologies & processes.
1. Plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch for IT and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met.
2. Work with Resource Managers to staff projects.
3. Define and communicate roles for project team members (functional-technical).
4. Establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates.
5. Work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path.
6. Ensure that requirements are contained within defined scope.
7. Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
8. Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
9. Develop communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders.
10. Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
11. Involves working in a highly matrix organization spanning domestic and international locations.
12. Perform vendor management and contract, negotiations and reviews.
13. Involves moderate complex process and organizational change management.
The resource will be assigned projects from IPACOE (Information, Platform and Architecture Center of Excellence) like SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) Platforms, Analytics Platforms, Remedy platform, Integrations etc.
Apart from Project Manager role, the resource handles Release Management for Analytics tools. (OBIEE / QlikView / Power BI)
1. Define and Publish Release Calendar for Analytics tools
2. Plan the release cycle - Major and minor releases
3. Work in collaboration with Project Managers and priorities projects / tickets and break fixes
4. Plan and conduct SIT, UAT and Regression cycles
5. Coordinate the whole release with all stakeholders
6. Work in collaboration with ETL team to plan the release tasks and execution within time
7. Proactive communication on Release progress and sharing all risks.
8. Mitigate all risks by collaborating with respective stakeholders like Project Manager, Leads, Functional Analyst, Development and Support Teams, ETL teams etc.
9. Conducting and documenting Lessons learnt
If you are:
4-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field
8 - 10 years of experience required
Project Management, Release Management, Resource Management, Budget Management, Knowledge of OBIEE/QV is plus
PMP Certification is a plus
Knowledge and Experience on Agile or Scrum methodology is a plus
ITIL Certification is desirable
Leadership qualities, Conflict Management, Time management, Good Communication and Collaboration Skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only