Fabrication Technician - I (B- Shift)
Eaton is seeking a Fabrication Technician I B Shift located in Greenwood, SC.
The Fabrication Technician is responsible for loading and unloading power coat line, receive and issue raw materials, assemblies, sub-assemblies, tools and supplies and forward all necessary paperwork to computer services for data entry.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use a variety of material handling equipment and hand tools to unload and load trucks arriving or leaving from receiving area and for placing material in the proper bin location or delivering material to the wok centers.
- You will load and unload power coat line
- You will use computer to determine proper bin location before storing material. Record quantity and bin location on paperwork and return for posting.
- You will ensure items coming off paint line are delivered to appreciate location, per job related instructions, and entering items into inventory system.
- You may be required to lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift or maneuver up to 100 lbs.
- You will perform physical count of inventory when necessary.
- You will utilize computer to verify accuracy of equipment, materials and locations.
- You will assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- You will use maintenance schedule and appropriate equipment, maintain forklift and forklift battery.
- You will observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High School Diploma or GED required from an accredited institution,
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Relocation is not provided for this position. Only candidates which reside within a 60 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered
Semi-Skilled work which includes at least one of the following: vocational education, apprenticeship, in-plant, on-the-job, or essential experience gained on other jobs. The usual amount of time spent by the average worker in acquiring the information, learning the techniques, and developing the facility for acceptable performance in a specific job, occupation, or field of work as outlined in the employee handbook and posted salary wage schedule.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No