Global Logistics CI Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services group is currently seeking a Global Logistics CI Manager to join our Commercial Distribution Products and Assemblies Division. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
The Global Logistics CI Manager has overall responsibility for the CDPA logistics processes, performance and related metrics for transportation activities. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to design and optimize the CDPA logistics organization, processes, and network across six manufacturing sites and 16 regional manufacturing satellites with over $1B of sales.
The Global Logistics CI Manager will lead and drive the deployment of Supply Chain strategic initiatives and processes to manage the transportation of materials and products across the business, in a way that maximizes and achieves customer satisfaction, operational performance and financial goals. This will be accomplished using standard processes and tools that are prescribed in OpA, MMA EBS, and Eaton supply chain policies. The Global Logistics CI Manager will drive cost savings, business process improvements, continuous improvement activities, transportation performance, and facilitate the functional team’s organizational development in pursuit of logistics excellence.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will form and lead cross-functional teams to identify and implement logistics performance and cost improvement projects.
- You will evaluate logistics flows, processes, and systems to identify improvement opportunities, then develop and implement solutions.
- You will recommend, establish, and participate in the implementation of Eaton’s shipping and receiving safety recommendations.
- You will maintain continuous knowledge of company sales and market trends to anticipate and proactively ensure carrier and logistics functional team readiness to support demand.
- You will lead supply chain business continuity planning as it relates to the logistics function, ensuring strong planning and contingencies to consistently meet on-time performance and sales goals without delivery interruptions.
- You will perform data and statistical analysis to identify freight optimization opportunities on inbound, outbound, distribution center, and intra-divisional transportation lanes.
- You will design and implement scorecards and metrics to create visibility to key logistics opportunities and manage project execution of large-scale and complex logistics projects.
- You will plan, recommend, justify, and manage annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and initiatives.
- You will design and optimize the logistics organization to ensure a robust talent pipeline, optimal organizational design, clear ownership and responsibilities, and the right logistics skillsets to develop and achieve logistics excellence.
- You will use the continuous improvement framework, lean concepts, and problem-solving tools to design and improve the performance of the extended supply chain function, including logistics performance, materials management, and sourcing.
- You will be responsible for the logistics cost out program for the division, ensuring strong processes, pipeline, and project execution for consistent achievements of financial results.
- You will identify and own cost out deck building events with carriers, suppliers, and Eaton cross-functional teams to reduce material, labor, inventory, and logistics costs while improving product availability & supply chain flexibility.
- You will own global trade management & economics driven initiatives, including optimizing the transportation network to support reduced duties, tariffs, and achievement of financial targets.
- You will maintain knowledge of global economics and the transportation industry to optimize logistics plans to achieve Eaton’s financial targets.
- You will drive continuous improvement of freight performance to achieve financial targets and cost of non-conformance (premium freight) goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain management or logistics experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree in supply chain management or related field
- APICS CPIM or related supply chain / logistics professional certifications
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Whole-to-part thinking
- Demonstrated experience in successfully deploying logistics strategies and driving cost-out.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of results through cross-functional business initiatives and logistics strategies in a manufacturing environment.
- Leading by influence, change management, and collaborative skills are necessary to achieve and meet SCM and customer requirements and to gain the support needed to move projects and initiatives forward.
- Strong analytical problem-solving abilities are necessary to understand operational inefficiencies, identify opportunities, and develop solutions to improve logistics performance.
- Sound knowledge of lean theory, deployment and metrics are essential.
- Sound knowledge of global service / material modes, capabilities and practices are essential.
- Strong financial knowledge and business understanding to drive supply chain objectives in support of business goals.
- Clear vision of logistics functional excellence to set the strategy and significantly raise the bar on logistics performance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time