Operator I -3rd shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Operator I to join our 3rd shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will fabricate parts per drawings, routings and work instructions.
- You will utilize manufacturing information, determine necessary parts/inventory, fixtures/dies and obtain materials from stock areas.
- You will perform quality checks consistent with the operator quality instructions using measuring instruments and/or templates.
- You will operate auxiliary equipment such as automatic feeds, scrap cutters, conveyors, limit switches and safety equipment.
- You will use kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- You will comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions.
- You will know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules in line with Eaton’s MESH program.
- You will be individually lifting 40 lbs. continuously throughout the shift
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Cleveland, TN will be considered
- Sufficient proficiency with precision-measuring equipment (e.g. calipers, tape measures)
- Competent in use of hand tools such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, drills, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency with drawings and/or blueprints and in general operation and troubleshooting of the equipment
- Knowledge of and proven ability to use computer systems (Mapics, Matrix)
- Minimum one year experience operating punch presses, turret presses, and/or press brake
- Must pass an internal Operator I manual setup test
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No