Global Accounts Receivable Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Global Accounts Receivable Manager for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Global Accounts Receivable Manager position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
This position is accountable for the effective management of operating cash and liquidity of Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds global business including credit, collection, and the accounts receivable strategy of maximizing cash flow and minimizing risk. This position has overall responsibility for ensuring that international operations comply with Division credit practices. The incumbent must be familiar with commercial regulations governing international trade and be able to monitor and work with credit professionals at locations outside of the U.S. The incumbent must also have an understanding of Treasury practices with regard to bank account administration, hedging, and cash management. The position is actively involved in the project management of larger and more complex orders with regard to commercial Terms and Conditions, liquidated damages and retainage, direct customer engagement on matters of shipment and scheduling, and payment terms and letters of credit. This position reports to the Division Controller, Crouse-Hinds and participates as a member of the Division Controller’s staff in short and long-term planning, problem solving and financial policy formulation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct Crouse-Hinds interaction with BU AR / Credit Teams to ensure that credit exposure is at a minimum, liquidity is maximized through rigorous process improvement, and there is policy compliance and forecast accuracy.
- You will direct day-to-day operation of international Accounts Receivable function in accordance with Company policies and procedure to ensure properly maintained customer accounts and the timely and accurate flow of financial data to customers and management. You will coordinate worldwide accounts receivable and cash collection management across six continents.
- You will be actively engaged in the evaluation, establishment and approval of customer credit limits. You will provide management insight on industry trends in customer’s payment patterns, potential business failures and other credit problem areas.
- You will be responsible for month end close process, inclusive of reconciliation and analysis of account balances, interaction with credit leads and controllers on actual versus expected performance, and communication of results to management.
- You will direct worldwide activities towards negotiating favorable terms and conditions affecting liquidity, including risk management of large, long-term projects and multinational arrangements. You will monitor and control letters of credit, performance guarantees, bank guarantees, and liquidated damage conditions.
- You will interact with the Regional Financial Shared Service organizations as it relates to the collection of accounts receivable, root cause identification and analysis, and risk mitigation.
- You will monitor compliance with Corporate’s Credit and Treasury policies across the Division.
- You will oversee Division efforts to measure, forecast and control foreign currency exposure and actively serve as liaison with Eaton’s Treasury department.
- You will review and approve letters of credit associated with international sales transactions to ensure compliance with Eaton’s Treasury policies and commercial law.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 2+ years of manager of people experience
- Advanced degree (MBA)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in building and directing teams, leadership toward consensus and an ability to work with different cultures
- Knowledge of SAP, HFM, Encore, (or similar systems) plus Microsoft Office
- Currency hedging experience
- Experience in Credit or Treasury
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills and organization skills are critical
- Experience in presenting and discussing financial information
- Must work well in a fast-paced changing environment and work well under time constraints
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, previously demonstrated in balance sheet forecasting and analysis of operational results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD HQ
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time