Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Senior Financial Analyst position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
This position reports to the Finance manager for Eaton Crouse-Hinds, working with financial personnel at various locations domestically and internationally. Candidate will be required to analyze monthly performance through financial statement reviews, complete month-end tasks, assist in the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes, participate in special projects and create financial reports to provide Senior Leadership with reliable information to make decisions impacting the financial performance of the business. A strong knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, control concepts, financial and budget principles is required. In addition, a general knowledge of automated systems, and an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required.
The position requires advanced abilities for problem solving, developing and presenting accurate financial information as requested by Senior Management. Candidate must be able to communicate openly and effectively with all levels of individuals within the company and be able to flex with changing priorities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts, operating budgets and strategic plans.
- You will provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
- You will report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
- You will perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. You will provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
- You will perform division finance month-end closing procedures.
- You will work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
- You will analyze Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring company sponsorship
- 3+ years of finance and accounting experience
- Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
Position Success Criteria:
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
- Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD HQ
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time