Lead Software Engineer
Do you like Linux, C/C++ and embedded software?
Do you like the role of software architect that develops next-generation software solutions to change how customers connect, explore, and interact with a company’s products?
Do you like the challenge of identifying feature commonality among multiple platforms to arrive at a synergistic and efficient platform to serve the needs of customers worldwide?
Are you looking for a multinational and friendly environment?
Are you looking for a professional, dedicated, and high energy work environment?
Would you like to be part of Eaton's UPS, Power Quality, and Energy Storage solutions group?
My name is George Navarro, and if all the answers are yes, then I might have just the right opportunity for you!
What's the project about?
Advancing Eaton Critical Power System UPS products and solutions to the world of Linux and helping us open new markets and applications.
The design & development of software platforms encompassing functionality from web-page display creations, industrial protocols stacks, cybersecurity feature implementation, cloud device connectivity to the development of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable software application for power quality and energy storage market solutions.
First days and months:
From day 1 to collaborate with Product and Engineering to establish requirements for a Linux based platform solution.
Hands on the project, learn the Eaton Power Quality product portfolio.
To live and work in the beautiful Raleigh, NC area
What can you expect from us?
A professional dedication to the design and success of products and solutions
A cultural thirst for software solutions and the potential that it offers
The patience and mentorship to enable you to learn our products and technologies
What we expect from you?
To serve as our Software Architect
To interact with multi-national teams including visiting Eaton design engineering groups located worldwide.
To apply your versatility including leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To help formulate and document the best practices and architectural roadmaps needed to develop and manage highly resilient software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of Linux based software development experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of Java, C, C++, HTML and/or SQL
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Network-enabled products/devices
- Scripting language like Python.
- Application of open source software modules and solution and their adaptation
- Building and/or configuring 3rd party Linux packages
- Using application programs to control electrical equipment sequencing and logic.
- Using configuration/change management processes and tools
- Agile design methodology.
- Experience working on device level connectivity platforms.
- Electrical product development experience with cloud connectivity protocols.
- Experience with Linux network device security.
- Exposure to and knowledge of digital and analog electronics: microcontrollers, A/D converters, voltage and current sensors, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time