Commercial Controller - Hydraulics Americas
Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for a Commercial Controller supporting the Hydraulics Americas region located in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Commercial Controller will manage, direct, organize, and control the quote to collection activities of the Hydraulics Americas Region. This person will provide Hydraulics management with overall business counsel and financial guidance related to the financial selling process and ensure proper controls are in place not only in accounting activities, but also for processes across the regional/business segments. The Controller will create and lead focused high-priority projects designed to maximize business-unit growth to meet the organizational expectations for performance and out-growth and partner with the business to model the financial impacts of and support the financial implementation of strategic initiatives. This person will also drive standardization in finance processes, practices and systems across the region and serve as key partner to the organization in deployment of contracts and customer negotiations. The Controller will provide mentorship and development for commercial finance talent locally and with our shared service group in Pune, India.
- Sets direction to analyze major initiatives and influence changes required for growth in areas such as new product development, marketing programs, manufacturing footprint analysis, and overall commercial effectiveness activities
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes and interprets profitability reports by Channel, market segment, customer, product line and model. Communicates results and recommendations to ensure timely and effective decision making and action planning
- Provides key financial advice to the Commercial and Operations, on past and future operating activities. Influences and drives accountability for results from functional organizations including definition, implementation and tracking of key performance metrics
- Manages the forecasting of revenue and mix by analyzing channel demand, macroeconomic factors, market intelligence and historical trends
- Key business partner and financial lead on all customer agreements to ensure all agreements are fiscally responsible
- Oversees all traditional commercial FP&A inputs for the net sale & margin; Close, Forecast, Profit
- Identifies innovative ways to improve processes and productivity.
- Develops new ways to understand business issues and trends and support with appropriate analysis.
- Coordinates effectiveness of major processes across multiple functions and regions.
- Directs the selection, training, and development of personnel to achieve the company’s high standards of performance and assure the availability of promotable personnel
- Serve as business partner to the commercial sales, product management and demand planning and well as operational functions.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and strategic concepts
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Creates, promotes and sustains a performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization
- Actively upgrades the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees. Must be capable of evaluating talent and building organizational capability. Requires strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas
- Exhibits a high degree of managerial courage in defending a position and handling / resolving conflict
- Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
- Possess working knowledge of systems technologies
- Strong knowledge of standard cost and ability to project impact to profitability based on proposed changes to footprint or strategy
- Familiarity with outputs of external regulatory bodies such as FASB, SEC, IRS
- Understanding of Encore, Hyperion, COGNOS, Oracle financial applications and Oracle manufacturing applications
- Broad general product and business knowledge in order to adequately interpret operating results, studies, and analyses
- General knowledge of all functional areas of the Divisional and Corporate organizations
- An understanding of the tools currently available on the market which can improve efficiency in all areas of the organization. These include EBE, IT hardware and software; Total Quality Management, Finance best practices, Balance Performance Scorecard, Materials Management Techniques; Purchasing systems, manufacturing technology
- Working knowledge and understanding of major components of Oracle Financial and Manufacturing applications
- Understanding of Encore, Hyperion, Eaton cost out database and Oracle database financial applications, Oracle manufacturing applications, and proprietary databases (Access, etc.) used to populate same and related linkages
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This position is based in our Eden Prairie, MN location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time