Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, North Carolina facility.
The Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics is responsible for driving strategy and development of tools for data intelligence; particularly, the design, development, and continuous improvement of actionable metrics, dashboards, and trend analysis that enable the Power Quality division to make data-based decisions. In this role, you will provide analysis including thought leadership on business intelligence & analytic tools through data collection and mining.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for building a Business Intelligence team. You will provide direct leadership of the Business Intelligence & Analytics team that may include a combination of direct reports, functional reports, and cross-functional indirect reports throughout the organization. You will utilize Eaton’s tools and processes to optimize departmental structure and processes.
- You will provide analysis including thought leadership on business intelligence & analytic tools through data collection and mining. You will create, test, and distribute business intelligence solutions. You will stay abreast on developing trends for data and analytics visualization. You will act as subject matter expert in the implementation of new approaches while identifying the optimal blend of measurement and analytic techniques.
- You will identify and drive process improvements for business intelligence & analytics by leveraging Eaton’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, IT solutions/projects, Eaton Business System (EBS) tools, and cross-functional projects.
- You will develop, sustain, and leverage relationships within Power Quality departments/functions to align workflows, create consistent approaches, and foster best practice sharing that will ensure the best intentions for the customer is always included in business decisions.
- You will act as the first line of support for data questions and issues and strive to become data subject matter expert for the Power Quality Division.
- You will streamline processes and create efficiencies in the way the various departments and team members in the division use applications, technology, and practices to collect, analyze, and present data across business functions; including operations, finance, pricing, and support. Proactively seek opportunities to improve data quality.
- You will assess new report requests from internal stakeholders and make determination if report adds appropriate value to the division and can be implemented into standard tools & practices.
- You will create and maintain analytical reports that can be accessed quickly and consistently to monitor business performance, key metrics, and programs. You will prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed. You will format data to identify needs, provide relevant insights, and make recommendations.
- Based on business intelligence & analytics, you will champion operational improvement projects to improve quality, productivity, on time delivery, working capital, and customer satisfaction. You will champion pricing improvement projects related to pricing strategies, pricing tools & software, price realization measurements & programs, price indexing, and customer/market classifications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
·Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
·Minimum of 7 years of experience in customer support, finance, IT, statistics and/or any combination thereof
·Minimum of 3 years working in data analytics or business intelligence
·Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided
·Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
·Master’s degree in business management
·5 years of experience in a business intelligence and analytics role
·Proficient in SAP Quote-to-Cash and Operations’ Planning functions
·Prior experience leading people
·Prior experience in product, program, or project management
·Experience in reading and writing SQL or other database functions and understanding relational databases
·Six Sigma/Process improvement background
·Desire & ability to look at the bigger picture and translate data into a strategy
·Ability to lead and present in customer, executive level, and employee meetings using excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
·Ability to drive for results while working in a matrix environment through developing, influencing, and empowering individuals and teams
·Capacity to act as an agent of change, driving, and enabling process changes to continuously raise performance standards and drive improvement
·Strong analytical skills and knowledge of building data relationships to analyze and improve business needs
·Ability to demonstrate proficiency with business intelligence and analytic tools such as OBIEE, Power BI, QlikView, MS Excel, MS Access, and statistical analytical tools
·Ability to demonstrate proficiency with SAP or an equivalent ERP; and, ability to quickly learn new ERP systems and other IT solutions, software, and platforms
·Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft applications specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time