Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX facility.
The Buyer/Planner will have responsibility for the scheduling of sales orders, releasing and on-time completion of production orders, timely procurement of materials, and related production support activities. This role will be responsible for resolving any procurement, quality, invoice, production and inventory related issue including appropriate SAP transactions. This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, and will interface with customer service, internal and external suppliers, Product Engineering, and Production to ensure a high level of support to satisfy the customer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will schedule sales orders (as required), release production orders aligned to demonstrated available capacity and customer requirements,.
- You will review production orders for material assurance and exception messages, sequence and serialize orders for work center and reconcile production orders to achieve on time manufacture (OTM).
- You will drive Sales Order fulfillment; Communicate customer status via revised goods issue date (RGID) daily.
- You will review requisitions, place purchase orders, issue change notices, review exception messages, and follow-up and expedite delivery of materials or services as necessary to ensure adherence to production schedules and delivery to meet supplier on time delivery (SOTD) goals.
- You will maintain Material Master records for assigned materials; Ensure accurate PIR records and source lists to promptly reconcile supplier invoices for payment.
- You will interact with suppliers to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, lead time management, and material expedites or delays as well as drive cost reduction opportunities. Involve strategic sourcing to align negotiations, new supplier selection, and supply chain strategy.
- You will cycle count and reconcile SAP inventory including support of physical inventory to ensure inventory accuracy within goal.
- You will review and maintain internal / external Kanban replenishment, vendor managed programs, scheduling agreements and blanket orders.
- You will provide reporting as well as deliver annual cost reduction / process improvement goals to support facility metrics.
- You will have responsibility for the scheduling of sales orders, releasing and on-time completion of production orders, timely procurement of materials, and related production support activities. This role will be responsible for resolving any procurement, quality, invoice, production and inventory related issue including appropriate SAP transactions. This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, and will interface with customer service, internal and external suppliers, Product Engineering, and Production to ensure a high level of support to satisfy the customer.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role. Only candidates residing within the immediate Nacogdoches, TX, area (50 miles) will be considered for this role
- Proficient experience with purchasing and planning using SAP
- Demonstrated capability of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies – Green Belt certification a plus
- Ability to work with engineering teams and all operations related departments
- Experience performing purchasing and production planning functions in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) logic and operation
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Position Success Criteria:
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to apply analytical and problem solving skills, which includes demonstrated knowledge or familiarity with problem solving tools.
- This position drives value by defining problems and eliminating root causes, and applying solutions for process improvements
- Good written and verbal communications, presentation and strong interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and/or external customers and suppliers
- Sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications, excel, word, PowerPoint.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time