Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I (3rd Shift)
- Performs novice level break-fix/preventative maintenance to drive machine up-time and ensure production schedules are met
- Reports to the facilities manager and works closely with technicians and manufacturing engineers
- Periodic machine lubrication, coolant changes, chip removal, light bulb replacement, and change/clean filters per schedule
- Assembles devices received in kit form such as furniture and shelving units.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of control systems circuitry.
- Constructs and alters physical facilities to accommodate changes or improvements.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in manufacturing OR Maintenance degree/certification
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Eaton Beltsville facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in maintenance
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in machining, metal working and welding machines.
Complies with all national and local safety and environmental standards, guidelines and policies by driving EBS/World class workforce initiatives such as ISO14001 and/or applicable regional initiatives.
Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments.
Ability to proactively work with other team members under limited supervision.
This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hours.
Ability to comprehend and follow technical standards and maintenance procedures.
Knowledge of operating lift truck, material handling equipment, man lifts and hand tools.
This job requires working daily with lubricants and solvents.
Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings.
Ability to lift 35 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No