CNC Machining Apprentice
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Entry Level CNC Machining Apprentice to join our team. This position is based at our North Charleston, South Carolina facility.
When you work for a world leader that recognizes and rewards your best efforts, you can expect the best for your career. Explore the exceptional opportunities now available at Eaton, the leader in precision aerospace manufacturing. We provide a state-of-the-art environment where challenge and growth go hand-in-hand. Eaton offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k contribution and 401k match, adoption benefits, paid parent leave and employee assistance program all available on day 1 of employment. Eaton North Charleston is a 91,000 square foot machining facility with various high-tech CNC equipment. This equipment includes manual and CNC lathes, vertical and horizontal machining centers, specialize grinding machines to create precision machined aerospace components.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties Include:
- You will be required to complete a 30-credit hour training program at Trident Technical College in Machine Tool Technology and also structured On the Job Training at Eaton Aerospace focused on achieving a Journeyman credential from the US Department of Labor.
- You will be brought in as an entry level apprentice with expectation of annual progression through exposure to different high-performance work teams and our tool room with the expectation of achieving setup operator status at the end of this program.
- You will work with hands and has a strong mechanical aptitude
- You will arrive to work on time daily and willing to work overtime
- You will demonstrate a willingness to learn a skilled trade
- You will learn and demonstrate safe work practices
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude
- You will complete all tasks assigned in a timely manner
At the completion of this program the associate shall be able to perform the following;
- Run manual machines, grinders, lathes, mills and drill presses
- Demonstrate machine set-ups on various types of CNC and manual machines
- Ability to perform tool and machine offsets
- Edit basic machine programs (with the approval from engineering)
- Process troubleshooting
- Able to follow process instructions
- Performs checks using variety of gauges and fixtures to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Demonstrate the ability to read blueprints including an understanding of GD&T
- Identify and understand the following materials (aluminum, steel, brass, stainless steel, cooper)
- Ability to operate precision measuring instruments (including: CMM, calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, go no go gauges, comparator, profilometer
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Understand and demonstrate ability to use gauging equipment.
- Knowledge of machining theory and principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No