- Represent the plant having an active and effective participation during all project stages (from gate 0 to 6) established by Division’s Product Program Manager.
- Integrate cross functional teams based on project nature, calling the best suited players to ensure completion. The cross functional team activities should be managed in such manner that affects the less possible the normal manufacturing activities.
- Engage upper management on all project stages, especially when decisions need to be made or taken to ensure, not only that the project requirements are protected, but also that the plant is in excellent position to deliver without compromising performance metrics.
- Make in advance recommendations to upper management on stages approvals, basing these recommendations on factual data.
- Feedback product design on manufacturing improvements detected during early project stages.
- Ensure that product manufacturing incorporates improvements capture during project stages, especially on FRACAS exercises.
- Comply with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Organize plant level informational meetings with formal presentations to review projects’ evolution involving upper management and project key players.
- Escalate in timely manner any potential risk associated with project activities or unplanned results, providing path of actions or solutions to those risks identified.
- Support the training in order to develop technicians or operators as required.
- Support the MESH Initiatives and Zero culture
- Support the Eaton Quality Systems as well as EBE, ISO/TS, etc.
- Support the Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives such as cost outs, ideas program, etc..
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Formal project management training such as PM Certification is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering or similar role is required.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Order systems.
- Knowledge of software and planning tools for project management (MS Project)
- Familiarity with Automotive quality process and procedures (TS-16949, PFMEA development)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leading cross-functional departments and accomplishing objectives by leveraging resources outside of direct reporting control.
- Ability to plan, lead and execute technical development projects with cross functional teams.
- Exposure to product development, supply chain or production.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time