Senior Cost Accountant
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant for its Residential Wiring Devices division. The Senior Cost Accountant position will be located at its Lincoln, IL facility.
This position is for a Senior cost Accountant is responsible for all cost accounting activity which includes physical inventory, inventory control, forecast, reporting, and cost revisions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work as a team with the other accountants.
- You will coordinate the monthly cost roll-up. This involves communication with engineering and purchasing to ensure that all products have proper bills-of-materials and labor routings.
- You will work closely with coordinators and materials planners to foster good inventory control and minimize exposure to excess and obsolete inventory caused by major and incremental product redesigns.
- You will be responsible to plan, provide training, conduct, and reconcile the physical inventory. Responsible for ensuring daily accurate inventory balances with minimal physical inventory variation.
- You will work closely with controller, other accounting staff and others in plant in developing new labor and overhead rates. Leads the annual cost revision process with input from the controller.
- Provide support for various cost analyses in conjunction with the Lincoln engineering personnel.
- You will be responsible for determining accurate billings and maintaining control over consignment inventory.
- You will reconcile Accounts Payable Liability GRNI account to ensure all expenses are properly reported.
- You will work closely with the controller and other staff to properly report and input cost savings information.
- You will maintain E&O reserve analysis, ensuring the plant is properly reserved.
- You will be responsible for participating in the plant EHS initiatives
- You will support internal and external audits, assessments, and year end reporting as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum three years’ experience in financial/general accounting.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Working knowledge of corporate systems Oracle, MAPICS, Vista, and Encore.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and strong personal computing skills.
- Experience working with or leading cross functional teams
- Cost accounting experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable about the Oracle journal entry procedures, and Accounts Payable.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills are required, enabling the incumbent to deal with multiple high priority projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time