Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products and Assemblies division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
In the Quality Engineer Supervisor role, you will supervise Quality Team Members while analyzing quality-related issues and implementing process improvements in Switchboard Assembly / Front End and CONC Rework, Scrap, and Warranty processes with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform root cause analysis - support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts by bringing attention to quality problems, participating on improvement teams, and working with front end, design, quality and production personnel to resolve problems.
- Establish and Improve data collection plans as well as tools and processes.
- Analyze data to identify key detractors of Scrap, Rework & Warranty and then implement Error Proofing solutions to achieve reduced CONC costs.
- Support deployment of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS)/ISO9001, Eaton Lean System (ELS) & MESH.
- Serve as an Internal Systems Auditor performing process & systems audits on a regular basis.
- Participate in PROLaunch projects representing the Quality Team.
- Interact with internal and external Suppliers as required based on quality performance.
- Supervise Switchboard Quality Team Members by providing coaching and development to ensure continuous improvement objectives are achieved resulting in improved process and product quality.
- Lead 8D Teams and corrective action activities. Use data analysis software (i.e. Excel, Access & Minitab).
- Lead the Switchboard Quality Council and work with Operations and Quality Team to identity improvement projects related to customer satisfaction, rework, scrap, and overall quality.
- Lead root cause analysis and train plant team members on processes related to quality tools/processes.
- Interact with customers on-site (in plant and at customer locations) to facilitate understanding of production and quality-related processes and results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a Manufacturing or Operations Environment.
Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a Quality function.
Minimum one (1) year of work experience managing people and/or project teams.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship both now and in the future.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification.
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager Certification.
- Six Sigma (Belt) Certification.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time