Inside Sales Representative
Eaton is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Delta, British Columbia facility.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for supporting the sales of assigned product lines to distributors and customers in the BC market. In this role, your responsibilities will include: accurate specification interpretation, quotation and technical support, timely communication with distributors, customers, warehouse and manufacturing plants to facilitate issue resolution. Pro-active identification of sales potential and follow-up to secure orders. Provide on-going customer service with minimal supervision. The Inside Sales Representative will utilize a combination of sales support techniques to achieve orders / sales goals while delivering customer concentric solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical support on electrical products, assemblies and services to distributors and customers, including application and pricing assistance.
- You will assist outside sales representatives and distributors on electronic quotation, opportunity identification, order entry, production tracking and shipping processes.
- You will build relationships with distributors and customers to enhance long term business growth.
- You will prepare sales quotations based on customer requirements and expectations.
- You will utilize pricing tools to complete timely professional quotations.
- You will support outside sales representatives with quotation follow-up and competitor activity reporting.
- You will partner with distributors to create excitement, focus and enhance market reputation.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 80km of the Delta, BC location.
- Minimum 3 years of electrical industry customer support.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven planning and organizational ability.
- Strong customer service and listening skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled in developing and deploying strategies to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrated competency in contributing to the success of the team.
- Analytical aptitude, ability to think critically with proven problem-solving skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time