Maintenance Technician I
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician I- 1st shift to join our team. This position is based in our Irvine, CA facility.
The Maintenance Technician I will be responsible for repairing/troubleshooting electrical and electronic equipment in the manufacturing plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
Will inspect building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs
•Will conduct inspections (e.g. general facility, hazardous waste) using a pre‐established check sheet
•Will perform electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.)
•Will install, troubleshoot, and repairs new equipment and systems, including all manufacturing/assembly equipment (CNC Mills, Lathes, Drills) and programmable lighting controls
•Will perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
•Will perform work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
•Will perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
•Will reconfigure, install, position, and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.)
Will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
Will manage the site contractor safety program and all duties related to the daily registration and tracking of site level 1 & 2 contractors.
Will order parts and maintain required documents
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in general building maintenance and repair in an industrial environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in plumbing and electrical work
- Relocation is not offered with this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Irvine, CA will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Previous work experience within the Aerospace Industry and/or Industrial Manufacturing Industry
- Valid CA driver’s license required with clean DMV record
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently
- Ability to use common tools
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards
- Previous use of miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. calculators, computers, FAX machines, copiers, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to follow work order schedules
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools / instruments
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time