Senior Manager Governance and Solution Design
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager IT – Governance & Solution Design Program to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based at any Eaton facility in the US. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work from a remote Eaton facility or an approved home office.
The Global Solution Design and Governance Leader for Manufacturing provides global technical solution architecture leadership and overall application governance for Oracle EBS, MFGPro and Mapics ERP landscape across all functions. This position owns end-to-end functional architecture including order management, procurement, inventory management, manufacturing, maintenance and finance. The leader ensures compliance with standard IT process across the MFG team, governs the global environment and manages change for Oracle EBS, MFGPro and Mapics which supports more than half of Eaton's total revenue.
The leader will work closely with the BRMCOE, business process owners, business/functional leaders and IT COE leaders to govern, formulate and manage process and system related changes.
The leader owns application architecture for all related IT systems in the landscape.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will ensure that global processes and solutions are implemented, maintained and improved as necessary to drive efficiency, global standardization, reusability and scale across Oracle, MFGPro and Mapics systems. Builds organizational capability across the globe to ensure successful execution of current requirements and future strategic directions.
- You will establish and execute a global application plan for consistent change management within our sphere of influence to handle disruptors such as cloud, social, big data and mobile.
- You will participate as a key member of the leadership team in strategic decisions and the development of the MFG strategic plan and develops new innovative methods and strategies. Provides thought leadership and comprehensive advice to other COEs, program leaders, functional analysts and business stakeholders on industry best practice solutions.
- You will ensure the integrity and harmonization of innovative, transformative, efficient and transparent end-to-end processes and solution design for all Eaton businesses globally through implementations and global governance. Establishes and reviews process metrics using lean/six sigma and process mining tools.
- You will stay current on market trends through benchmarking, technology summits and other external analysis.
- You will drive efficient change request reviews and associated governance and system technical change management ensuring changes are well defined, documented tested and risks/costs/impact quantified and evaluated.
- You will ensure system architecture remains relevant and up to date, including the management and auditing of application licensing.
- You will partner with other COEs for alignment on governance process, capacity planning and road mapping key functionality.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 10 years of ERP experience in a variety of functional and technical areas
Minimum 10 years’ experience directly managing teams.
No relocation being offer; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Requires a broad knowledge of all functional areas and technology trends and is able to translate that knowledge into strategic directions that support business objectives.
- Must be able to work with enterprise wide senior IT and business leaders to develop and maintain the appropriate long term technology strategy. Identifies business and technology drivers that require systems focus and enablement. Works on and provides input and direction to enterprise-wide initiatives having global implications.
- Requires one to be practically creative (pragmatic) in concert with critical thinking skills to leverage existing solutions where possible.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and facilitate effectively at all levels of the organization including executive business and functional leaders
- Advanced to Expert understanding of manufacturing business processes at Eaton or a prior Company; Intermediate to Advanced technical knowledge of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security; Advanced to Expert understanding of integration and impact points (boundary systems) of involved systems globally; Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure; Intermediate to Advanced understanding of technology stack and architecture required to support target systems (Oracle, MFGPro, Mapics); Intermediate to Advanced understanding of application governance industry standards and best practices
- Thinks and Acts Strategically: Is the first to spot possible future policies, practices and trends in the organization. Must be careful not to overdevelop or depend upon industry and business knowledge and skills at the expense of personal, interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills. Is respected by others for displaying superior judgement
- Gets Results Through Self & Others: Champions Eaton's integrated operating model by using scale and EBS tools for continuous improvement. Let's people know where they stand, honestly and sensitively
- Demonstrates Leadership Style: Executes on difficult decisions. Recognizes the role and importance of both rules and culture
- Builds Organizational Capability: Is not satisfied with his/her current skill set - always wanting to learn. However, doesn't develop just for the sake of development, without focus or objective. Takes consistent action to develop new skills. Doesn't need to be told what is needed at the next level, knows what to develop. Models and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Attracts top talent. Is a Talent Hawk for Eaton. Not afraid to let a mediocre candidate go in order to search for a better one. Places a high priority on developing others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments. Views talent development as an organizational imperative. Forms team with the appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives and experiences. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Places team goals ahead of own goals.
- Minimum of 10 years of Oracle ERP experience in a variety of functional and technical areas.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time