Senior Engineer – Commercial Vehicle Advanced Valvetrain Engineering
Eaton’s Vehicle Group in its Engine Air Management organization has an opening for a:
Senior Engineer - Commercial Vehicle Advanced Valvetrain Engineering
Location: Turin, Vehicle Group EMEA HQ
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As part of the engineering team, you will understand customer technical requirements and ensure that all the relevant engineering activities are performed to finalize the design of a product which meets customer expectations, including simulations, test plan and laboratory analysis. Where customer requirements are not available you should do assumptions based on information he/she can collect inside Eaton engineering group. You will also be part of an engineering project team and report progress to the Lead engineer.
Your key deliverables :
- Design a Validation Plan for the product calibrated to the phase of the project
- Have good knowledge of analytical tools
- Have good knowledge of DFSS tools (DFMEA, DVP&R, design scorecard)
- Be able to read a technical drawing, define tolerances and run a stack-up analysis
- Prepare engineering report
- Summarize and present results of activities to management
- Work in team and contribute to the system design definition and validation
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3/4 years of experience in product design
- Product design, technical drawing emission, combustion engine
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, and report out to management
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and achieve results
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time