Key Account Manager - Oil & Gas
You will join our Electrical Engineering Sales Division and will report into the Engineering Service & Systems Sales Manager. You will be responsible for application support for our main Oil& Gas clients in the South Africa area; primarily for MV & LV Power Assemblies and their associated applications. You will work closely with different internal teams at a national & international level, in order to strengthen existing partnerships. We are looking for a professional who would be experienced in providing application and sales support to the Oil & Gas sector. This position can be home based with residency in Secunda being preferential.
- Builds, manages and fosters close multilevel relationships at our key customers in the Oil & Gas market segments, whilst collaborating with the Front End Sales Team.
- Drives account activities at both South African & EMEA level.
- Defines and drives strategic account goals and plans.
- Takes ownership for customer sales goals.
- Drives the overall platform strategy to meet performance expectations and requirements.
- Advises and influences customers, creating and developing opportunities for Eaton
- Prepares proposals and negotiates deals
- Identifies opportunities for new and extension business in short and longer term.
- Collects customer intelligence and monitors competitive market data.
- Plans, organizes and manages projects to completion on time.
- Works with other Eaton divisions to maximize corporate sales opportunities
- Minimum of bachelor’s University degree, preferably business related or relevant proven experience
Preferably Electrical Engineering background, however professionals who are experienced in application and commercial support provided to key Oil & Gas customers will also be considered
Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in account management
Service-oriented, combined with the ability to convince and inspire customers
- Excellent business understanding
Self-motivated, ambitious, resilient, reliable & team player
Independent and structured way of working
Fluent in Afrikaans and English languages
Valid passport and driving license required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time