Division Accounting Manager - Filtration
Eaton’s Fluid Filtration Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking a Division Accounting Manager - Filtration. The Division Accounting Manager will be based at our Hydraulics Headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Division Accounting Manager will contribute as leader of the global Filtration accounting and finance compliance, ensuring that the related corporate/sector/segment standards, policies and procedures are developed and followed as prescribed. This includes managing compliance through updates and creation of division policies and procedures, steering and monitoring SOX compliance, DSA validation and gap closure, conducting/monitoring balance sheet reviews and managing the LOR process. Responsible for providing guidance and support to the regional and HQ finance teams in the areas of accounting and finance compliance, including identifying and driving process improvements across the Filtration Division. This position would be a key contributor in due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide operational accounting and internal controls guidance and support to Filtration finance teams.
- You will oversee Division internal controls program and full compliance to GAAP, Eaton Financial Policy and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Support both internal and external audits as required.
- You will evaluate existing processes and procedures and deploy best practices and drive process standardization.
- You will identify key policy and procedure needs through interviews, review of audit findings, discussions with management as well as continuous examination of the internal control environment to determine weaknesses and mitigate.
- You will manage balance Sheet Reviews and ensures proper review coverage for all ledgers, and ensures issues are resolved by required due dates.
- You will coordinate monthly “red-flag” analysis to determine financial risk on key balance sheet accounts.
- You will be a key liaison for corporate functions, including identifying opportunities to leverage shared service center resources for accounting support.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of finance and/or accounting experience
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- MBA or CPA
- Experience of best practice implementation/end to end process improvement in accounting & finance
- Proven experience in identifying risks and weaknesses in internal control environment
- Compliance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in GAAP and Eaton financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge in Finance, General and Cost Accounting, AR and AP, Fixed Assets and Treasury requirements
- Strong manufacturing accounting background and a solid understanding of financial accounting systems (Oracle, QAD / Mfgpro, Khalix a plus)
- Global cultural and business practice awareness
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time