Eaton's European Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Advanced Power Electronics Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
As an Advanced Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for simulations, designing, developing and testing of power circuits, focused mostly in simulations of the fault circuits, Power Electronics technology and assembly, gate drivers and sensor interfaces. You will be a member of the global Power Electronics (PE) Center of Excellence (CoE) and will report to the power electronics team leader of PE CoE.
First days and months:
• Work on power electronics design and development activities
• Analyze data and information to improve/optimize the design to meet requirements factoring in performance, size, costs, manufacturability, and reliability
• Perform modeling, simulation and design of fault circuits and power electronics, thermal features, gate drivers
• On the system level, summarize requirements and results and identify components
• Create technical reports and presentations
• Collaborate with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design
• Stay current with the latest electronics circuit technologies and apply knowledge to power conversion and protection applications
• Mentor, assign tasks and determine priority for ongoing tasks
• Interface with Business Unit (BU) engineers, university researchers and the Research Lab scientists
• Build and work with special test circuits
What can you expect from us?
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We would like you to have:
• Master´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience in domain of power electronics circuits
• Knowledge of circuit modeling and simulations using the tools such as Matlab, Spice, Silvaco or Ansys
• Strong understanding of circuit theory and electrical system integrity
• Knowledge of modeling and analysis of thermal and electromagnetic fields
• Communication-focused with good relationship building and communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve cross-sectional problems
• Ability to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products
• Fluent in oral and written English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time