Operational Excellence Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Talented Operational Excellence Manager for the Lincoln, IL facility.
The OPEX Manage plans, develops, directs and coordinates the Eaton Lean System, OpA and Continuous Improvement Framework integration and coordinates and drives cost out for the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as the on-site Eaton Lean System / Six Sigma expert, trainer and mentor. Able to lead team to complete the internal ELSS Assessment.
- You will implement Eaton Lean System (Lean Manufacturing) techniques throughout the plant and division as required.
- You will monitor overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for Cost Out activities, including sourcing, design engineering and labor productivity activities. Work with ELSS, VAVE, OpA tool champions to drive key tool improvements to meet profit plan and strategic plan initiatives. Create action plans and follows-up on work assignments based on these activities.
- You will assist in the day-to-day manufacturing activities by making determinations regarding the applications of ELSS principles, using those principles to make improvements in processes.
- You will provide leadership to the continuous improvement project engineers. Provide and secures specific training in tools for new tool champions / experts to meet strategic plans.
- You will assist in the gathering of implementation data for entry into the Cost Out System.
- You will work with manufacturing, quality, supply chain and finance to identify Lean, Constraint Management and Six Sigma tool application opportunities as input to the profit plan and strategic planning processes.
- You will support and provide guidance to the VSM teams to ensure all A3 actions / active bursts meet business case needs, have established plans to meet completion timelines in the business case and have identified and are monitoring progress of key metrics from the business case.
- You will ensure that the appropriate MESH processes are used in all lean activities.
- You will facilitate kaizen events as required, especially for more advanced applications of ELSS tools or as part of training new tool facilitators.
- You will advise, assist and consult with the plant manager and other staff personnel on technical matters affecting the operation or efficiency of the plant.
- You will assure that all new processes and equipment are reviewed during the planning process to ensure employee safety when implemented. Also assures that all new processes and equipment are reviewed for compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will appraise employee performance and administers salaries. Develop employees through training and motivation. Makes recommendations for salary increases, employee recognition and promotions. Counsels employees on performance issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Operations Environment
- Minimum 2 years of prior experience with Lean or Continuous Improvement, or Operational Excellence
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Black Belt Certification
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of Manufacturing Experience
- Prior experience with managing people
- 3 years of continuous improvement or Lean
- Prior experience with leadership development within teams
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to execute organizational change
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical training and measurement techniques.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and principles.
- Strong personal computing software skills, and systems abilities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time