Senior Product Engineer
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, OH facility.
The Senior Current Products Engineer is responsible for providing high level engineering design and product support for Fluid Conveyance products.
A Senior Engineer utilizes advanced tools in problem solving and project management to solve technical issues. The incumbent is often the Technical and/or Project Leader for large projects or multiple small projects. Internal & external communication is critical to the success of the role. Specific Fluid Conveyance Engineering knowledge is very important at this level.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Be responsible for the Rubber Hydraulic Hose & Fitting Category
- Develop a deep knowledge of design concepts to apply to new applications or assess problems or opportunities as they arise in day-to-day production.
- Demonstrate proficient application of core Engineering tools/ principles, industry best practices and recognition for technical expertise (Ex.: Design Rules, DFMEA, Writing Test Reports, Testing, Drawings and Standards, etc.).
- Demonstrate proficient application of the core project management tools/principles, industry best practices and recognition for project management expertise. Successfully leads multi-functional project teams (Ex.: Project Planning Workshops, Clear Scope, Key Success Factors/Deliverables, Regular Team Meetings with Action Items, WBS, Critical Path Timeline).
- Demonstrate the use of problem solving techniques
- Demonstrate effective communication with peers and management.
- Be an expert in designing products, developing test plans, analyzing test data against performance criteria, writing conclusive reports, and acting as technical and / or project leader between all functions of the organization.
- Mentor successfully (Ex.: Co-op or new Engineer).
- Support the Division concerning technical product or process problems.
- Support Marketing and Sales with technical presentation on the front end side.
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Mechanical, Materials Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Engineering tools/ principles
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within commuting distance of the Van Wert, OH facility will be considered for this position.
Fluid conveyance design and process experience desired (Ex. Braided and Spiral hydraulic hose and associated fittings)
- Has a record of contributing to improvements in technical or project management processes (Ex.: Actively participate on Task Force Teams, Focus Groups, or Kaizen Teams, etc.).
- Internal and External communication is critical to the success of the role.
- Demonstrated pursuit and use of training/education. (Ex.: Green Belt, 5S, Fault Tree, Project Management, MS Project, etc.)
- Strong Drive for results is needed on the competency side.
- Develops a feeling for the business aspects of projects.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces.
- Studies technology trends to satisfy own interest.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time