Quality Inspector - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our Eastanollee, GA facility.
*2nd Shift will receive a 10% Shift increase plus sign on bonus*
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspecting materials and/or parts to customer and Eaton drawings, specifications and requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for inspecting products, processes, and materials (including in-process & final inspection) in all Value Streams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform layout and first article inspections.
- You will read and interpret all prints, sketches, and all special instructions that pertain to the inspection of parts.
- You will adhere to policy, procedure, work instructions and standard work.
- You will follow all MESH processes and procedures.
- You will maintain and contribute to 5S / CIF culture within working area and the plant.
- You will create or manage documentation such as Certificate of compliance, Material Certificate package, Pre-shipper.
- You will scan/release router on Document Management Data base.
- You will collect and monitor SPC data for identified key/special characteristics and/or processes.
- You will learn and achieve Senior Inspector tasks if promotion is desired.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates the reside within 50 miles of the Eastanollee, GA facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact in a positive manner
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook; able to input data and perform searches in Access/other databases
- Strong Mechanical ability
- Experience reading blueprints and drawings.
- Experienced in internet navigation
- Understand and manage documentation used though the entire process such as SFI, Router
- Previous experience using measuring tools and gages including but not limited to dial calipers, optical gaging, hardness testers, tensile testers, product fixtures, surface finish gaging
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No