Eaton’s Life Safety and Mass Notification Solutions Division located in Long Branch, NJ has an opening for a EHS Manager.
The EHS Manager is responsible for providing environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Site. In this role you will direct EHS activities; establish objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area and local regulatory requirements, ensuring documents are available in the local languages. In this role, you will maintain site ISO certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics. You will ensure; closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required employee trainings; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions and site security. You will create a safety culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will manage and direct site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. You will direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategies.
· You will facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. You will work with the leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
· You will determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
· You will support EHS goals to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
· You will assign MESH element champions and facilitates their ownership of the MESH elements.
· You will drive and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
· You will create EHS engagement through employee involvement in EHS teams (Safety, Ergonomic, First Aid).
· You will work with the leadership team and MESH champions to complete regular compliance evaluations and checks of federal, state, and local regulations.
· You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH PRISM to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
· You will create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
· You will work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Long Branch, NJ to be considered.
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced degree in related field
- Professional certifications: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time