Performance Test Lead
Job Title: Supervisor - QA (068401)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a our IT team in a large multi-national company. The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including great learning opportunities.
Brief primary function of your role:
• The Performance Test Lead will be a key role within the ADQS Quality Assurance team responsible for managing the performance testing team to execute end-to-end activities related to performance testing and performance engineering.
• The Team Lead will collaborate closely with stakeholders (Program Managers/Project Managers/ BAs etc.) across the IT organization and with various cross-functional project teams to fulfill performance testing requirements by either executing the work himself/herself or by providing guidance/oversight to performance testing analysts.
• The position involves defining performance testing strategy and approach, creating plans, executing plans via test script creation and execution, performance engineering to resolve bottlenecks and reporting status for projects.
• The position is expected to manage and mentor a team of about 6-10 analysts who will work on a time-shared basis for the organization’s performance testing needs.
Your essential responsibilities include:
Actively engage with BAs, architects, PMs and developers in reviewing and analyzing the requirements for performance testing
Define and execute performance test strategies, plans, estimations for large, complex programs (primarily for Non- Runners - Minor Repeaters, Major Repeaters and Aliens/Strangers)
Hold test strategy / case reviews with cross-functional teams
Create, review, approve traceability matrix, test data, test artifacts for performance testing to ensure that deliverables are of a high standard in terms of fit for purpose
Design, develop and maintain effective reusable enterprise wide solutions for performance testing
Provide performance engineering capabilities to the project/programs to identify
potential bottleneck issues and suggest solutions for performance optimization
Report status of performance testing engagements to relevant stakeholders and raise issues/risks in a timely manner
Define processes and best practices for performance testing. Actively participate in quality assurance process improvements especially performance testing methodology and performance center administration.
Ensure availability of test environment (hardware, web, application, database server) and test data for performance testing.
Responsible for performance modelling, benchmarking and actively contributing in capacity planning, infrastructure optimization
Lead discussion on evaluation and selection of performance testing tools, contribute to tool upgrades and ensure effective utilization of tools for performance testing and performance monitoring
Own research and development activities, tool evaluation, Proof of Concepts etc. for automation and performance testing based on industry trends and Eaton needs
Capture data for QA standard metrics, own RCA and QA metrics trend
Provide training on performance testing related topics.
Drive Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
If you are:
• Excellent understanding of SDLC and STLC of different development methodologies including waterfall, agile, iterative etc.
• Expertise in performance testing and performance engineering capabilities for large complex programs
• Strong experience and capabilities in using Performance Testing tools specifically, the MicroFocus Tools (Loadrunnner/Performance Center) and monitoring tools such as Sitescope, Diagnostics, CA Wily etc.
• Strong experience in managing performance testing teams with team size of at least 6-10
• Strong experience and capabilities in conducting analysis for performance testing requirements, defining performance testing strategy and in planning and estimating performance test activities
• Strong experience in work load modelling and designing reusable optimized performance test solutions
• Strong experience in performance engineering to lead activities on performance tuning related to various aspects such as hardware, infrastructure, databases and software
• Strong experience and capabilities in creating, maintaining and executing performance test scripts
• Proven experience in talent management and performance management
• Experience in testing ERP applications and Web applications strongly desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong communications and project management skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Industry recognized Quality Assurance certification desired.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time