District Sales Engineer
- You will be responsible for the sales of Division products to original equipment manufacturers and through distributors to various end customers.
- You will develop and recommend sales plans, forecasts and objectives for assigned accounts in support of long and short-term sales objectives.
- You will assist buying accounts in a wide variety of customer service activities to ensure continuing satisfaction with the Division and its products.
- You will implement promotional programs with the following users and buying influences: distributors, educational institutions, original equipment manufacturers, utilities, architects/consulting engineers, insurance companies, inspectors, industrial users, trade organizations, government agencies, etc.
- You will maintain contact with management of key accounts located within the assigned territory.
- You will provide appropriate technical assistance, regarding application of Division’s products to buying accounts, users and industry influences.
- You will assist in training and development of less experienced Sales Engineers/ Representatives, as necessary.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in sales, marketing, application engineering or product engineering position
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within 50 miles of Des Moines, Davenport, or Cedar Rapids Iowa will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years’ experience within the electrical industry
- Experience working with OEMs, industrial, construction, and commercial sales channels
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time